Kickstart Scheme for Watford Businesses
The chancellor Rishi Sunak has announced a £2bn ‘kickstart scheme’ to help young people get jobs!
Your business can join in and help a young person gain some invaluable work experience by offering them a work placement at your company.
The Watford Chamber team are working as an intermediary for local businesses of all sizes and all types of placements.
We have learned a great deal about the programme, here are some key points for your information:
• The Scheme is aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
• Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
• Placements must be for 6 months.
• Placements should support the participant to develop the skills and experience they need to find work after completing the scheme.
• You will pay them via PAYE and will be refunded as above at approx. month 3 & 7 of the placement.
• They can work more than 25 hours and you can pay them more than the min wage (you can only claim 25 hrs and min wage etc).
• The earliest they can start will be 1 November 2020, subject to process with DWP.
• The programme is due to run for 1 year.
This is an amazing opportunity to Kickstart your business and a chance to support the future workforce.
Click Here To Register Your Interest